Sunday, January 22, 2012

Strong Enough

My parents taught me how to be a strong woman.  There was no pushing us around.  If something wasn't right we were taught to speak up even if it was to authority.  It got me in trouble a few times but it also has made me the woman I am.

I've been through my share of struggles.  Life has yet to be a cake walk for me- we have worked hard to get where we are and continue to work towards where we are going.  Which is why lines like "God doesn't give you challenges you can't handle" or "This experience will make you stronger" dont cut it for me.  I don't think we were put on this path because we need to carry a burden to make us stronger or were given this challenge simply because we were already strong enough.

I often think "Why us?", "Why me?" or "What did I do to deserve this?"  I know there is no answer for these questions.

Sometimes I have a weak moment and think- maybe we were given this "challenge" because we could do it or because we needed to gain more strength but damn it I AM strong enough already and someone else can take on a challenge for a change.  This didn't happen TO us it is rather it is the experience we are living through to achieve what we want.  I struggle with the desire for people not to feel sorry for me while in the same breath I want people to understand my experience.  Often I think people think this is one in the same.

Just when I think I'm giving in and am weak I get a text like this one:
"You are one of the strongest women I know, you dont have to find strength you have strength!!!  I know there may  not be many comforting words now just know we love you and you CAN do this and WILL do this!  Can't is a weak word!  One day soon the reward will be worth it! XOXO"

No comments:

Post a Comment