Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lean On Me


I think the hardest thing for me right now is that our support group has not been meeting because there is no social worker to meet with.  In earlier post I indicated that the primary reason that I went was that I wanted to know who had been matched as well as if there were prospects in the coming month.  I think that is still true but I also realize the benefits of meeting with other people that are having the same sorrow you are.

A friend of mine sweetly sent us some gifts that arrived unexpectedly in the mail.  I never knew I'd get excited over outlet covers.  Its nice to have friends that talk to us about the baby and act like they would for any other expecting person.  People that talk about it as a certainty versus and unknown.  I know that I'm expecting for a LONG time 11 months and 1 week to be exact but it makes me know they really get it.

I just hope that the love and support that people have shown me I'll be able to repay in some form when they are in need.

Just an aside a resident at the facility that I was working at said that we should rejoice when someone passes away and cry at a birth.  When his PT asked him why he said "because life is so hard that when a baby is born they are just beginning the struggle and when someone dies they are finally relieved of the burden."  I thought it was an interesting perspective from someone that was 90+.

No comments:

Post a Comment