Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Its a boy!

I just found out tonight that a couple that started their wait a few months after ours was matched.  They left for FL on Monday and were discharged from the hospital today.  They are waiting comfortably in a hotel waiting for  the interstate compact process to complete.  It always seems so much simpler and perfect from a distance.  I am sure they are on a rollercoaster ride as well as I know this was an "unexpected" arrival.  I believe (and I'm not positive) FL is one of the states that when the birthparents signs unless they can prove distress it very quickly becomes binding (unlike PA where we had to wait 30 days).

I am so very happy for them and can't wait to meet this guy!  Assuming they stay in their current home; baby girl and their son will be classmates!

We are so fortunate to have so many families that grew with adoption in our neighborhood- I think the current count (i'm aware of) is 5 kiddos including baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment