Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back To Work

DH had his first day back to work.  I was so terrified I'd not get up in time to have Baby Girl ready for my aunt I woke up each and every hour starting at 1AM.  Before I went to bed I had asked DH to come in before he left for work at 5:30 AM and make sure I was up.  He must have shifted in bed because I thought he had crawled into bed.  I started to get up and ask something to the effect of "Are you here to wake me up?"  He didn't know what I was talking about.  I woke up with a start at 2, and 3:30 then baby girl woke up at 4.  She talked in her crib until almost 4:45 when she started to cry.  I got up, changed her, fed her and put her back to sleep.  I then went back to bed. I then told DH I was going to sleep until 5:45 since baby girl was already ready for the day with the exception of her clothes.

When I woke up she was still sleeping so I laid out her outfit.  I had already gotten the diaper bag ready including the bottles the night before so all I had to do was finish getting myself ready.  My aunt arrived at 6:15 as planned and I left at 6:30 as planned.  She was still sleeping.

As soon as I got into the car I felt sick.  Sick to my stomach.  I drove to get my coffee and nearly got sick.  I called DH to tell him he was the one my aunt would call if anything happened since I'm harder to get a hold of.  I shared with him that I felt sick and he just didn't understand why I would feel sick.  So I rushed my day left only 10 minutes late (compared to my usual at least 20-30 min).  I got home to find out that Baby Girl was perfect- no tears, naps on schedule, and ahead on her bottles.  Go figure- all the worry for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment