Friday, July 15, 2011

Fitting

I found this quote tonight while doing research on breastfeeding. It was from another adoptive mother to be and I thought it was fitting:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity." -- Gilda Radner

For those of you that know me personally know that I like order and control. I like to plan and predict. I like to be prepared. I think this journey has been a HUGE life lesson in being flexible and having to learn that you can't have control over everything. I think I continue to present an image of control and confidence but in reality in my position I have zero control. Thats terrifying and i'm trying to learn that its OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment