Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baby shower #1

Two amazing friends put together a perfect baby shower. It fit my personality not just in the party itself but how it all worked out. The idea of a pregnant me the center of attention being "showered" w gifts just seems not me. It seems so perfect that my darling baby was the center of this celebration. We felt loved and supported. It felt right. I think some moms are meant to waddle pregnant and well in my case I think that I became a mom in a hard but amazing way. This was the right path for us and baby girl completes our journey. Never once this weekend has anyone say anything hurtful about adoption and I was impressed with some peoples use of term birthmom. This shows me those that are most important to me have taken part in our journey and embraced our family.

 I wanted to publicly thank my two friends that put together the shower but I knew I couldn't without bursting into tears. Ill never be able to thank them enough for sharing my struggle and now my joy. They knew how to cheer me up w cards on mothers day and loaning me their kids. I'll never be able to thank them enough or repay them. They are two amazing moms!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you had a beautiful shower!! It's the one thing that I never got to have with Gus. Not that it matters anymore, but it would have been really nice to have a shower with friends and family getting ready to celebrate our baby... or even celebrating after we had him in our lives.

    You're blessed to have friends who love you and are there for you!!!

    ReplyDelete